ODTÜ PROFICIENCY SINAVI HAZIRLIK 3 İÇİN
Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık, Örnek
1 – Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık ( Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık için Bireysel – Özel Ders)
2 – Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık ( Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık için 4 kişilik Gruplarla Ders )
71. He devised a folding toothbrush for travellers.
a) sold c) invented
b) brought d) described
72. Before landing the plane, the pilot checked with the tower for verification of her location.
a) information about c) mention of
b) guidance on d) confirmation of
73. Eagles deliberately position their nests in high trees or on cliffs away from other animals.
a) intentionally c) conveniently
b) independently d) constantly
74. Rhythm, although associated most often with music, is a component of poetry as well.
a) an element c) a virtue
b) an attraction d) a material
75. Most of the conversation between the men was intelligible.
a) rapid c) understandable
b) disagreeable d) negotiable
76. Proper insulation prevents heat loss during the winter and allows the building to remain cool in
a) aids c) reduces
b) stops d) produces
77. It is inevitable that smoking will damage your health.
a) invading c) unavoidable
b) unhealthy d) intriguing
78. Do you think your question is pertinent to the matter we are discussing?
a) perceptive c) discriminating
b) relevant d) apparent
79. The teacher asked the student to eliminate all the long sentences from the text.
a) replace c) cut down
b) take out d) substitute
80. Fish have lived on the earth longer than any other backboned animal and have shown great diversity
throughout their lifespan.
a) variation c) evolution
b) adaptation d) satisfaction
81. A politician’s private life should be _______ with his political beliefs so that people won’t accuse him
of having double standards.
a) reasonable c) constant
b) considerate d) consistent
82. I can’t possibly ________ with such behaviour in class so try to control yourselves.
a) get away c) put up
b) get on d) put away
83. The governor faxed a message to the Ministry of Interior Affairs and demanded a(n) ________ reply
so that he could take action immediately.
a) urgent c) genuine
b) accurate d) rational
84. The girl’s ________ in Spanish made her a valuable translator.
a) competition c) eagerness
b) competence d) encouragement
85. People work very hard all their lives to ________ as many material possessions as possible.
a) accumulate c) require
b) acknowledge d) realise
86. Aspirin has become a widespread drug due to its ability to ________ all kinds of pain.
a) devastate c) accelerate
b) alleviate d) enhance
87. Jack _______ needs to be looked after. He cannot possibly continue his life as a bachelor.
a) exceptionally c) indefinitely
b) in particular d) desperately
88. The long-term _______ of the break up of the Soviet Union are still far from clear.
a) reasons c) implications
b) interactions d) solutions
90. Being so hard-working and efficient, he ________ a promotion.
a) deserves c) supports
b) avoids d) invites