ODTÜ PROFICIENCY SINAVI HAZIRLIK 4 İÇİN
Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık, Örnek
1 – Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık ( Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık için Bireysel – Özel Ders)
2 – Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık ( Odtü Proficiency Sınavı Hazırlık için 4 kişilik Gruplarla Ders )
On your answer sheet, mark the alternative which best completes the meaning of each sentence.
81. A politician’s private life should be _______ with his political beliefs so that people won’t accuse him of having double standards.
a) reasonable c) constant
b) considerate d) consistent
82. I can’t possibly ________ with such behaviour in class so try to control yourselves.
a) get away c) put up
b) get on d) put away
83. The governor faxed a message to the Ministry of Interior Affairs and demanded a(n) ________ reply so that he could take action immediately.
a) urgent c) genuine
b) accurate d) rational
84. The girl’s ________ in Spanish made her a valuable translator.
a) competition c) eagerness
b) competence d) encouragement
85. People work very hard all their lives to ________ as many material possessions as possible.
a) accumulate c) require
b) acknowledge d) realise
86. Aspirin has become a widespread drug due to its ability to ________ all kinds of pain.
a) devastate c) accelerate
b) alleviate d) enhance
87. Jack _______ needs to be looked after. He cannot possibly continue his life as a bachelor.
a) exceptionally c) indefinitely
b) in particular d) desperately
88. The long-term _______ of the break up of the Soviet Union are still far from clear.
a) reasons c) implications
b) interactions d) solutions
89. Some people compare the ________ of a second language to the way a baby learns his first language.
a) experience c) adoption
b) exception d) acquisition
90. Being so hard-working and efficient, he ________ a promotion.
a) deserves c) supports
b) avoids d) invites
91. Corporations are starting to reach the conclusion that desk-bound jobs constitute occupational hazards, so they are spending large sums of money on medical care to keep their employees physically and mentally healthy and productive. _______
a) The cause and cure of backaches are not always easy to pinpoint, even though thousands of employees are afflicted with back ailments.
b) Such expenditures have shaken large corporations into a realisation that drastic measures need to be taken to get desk-bound employees out of their seats.
c) In ten years’ time, most companies will have abandoned such programs due to their adverse effects on the health of employees.
d) An official report has been released blaming corporations for the back ailments of their
92. Many people who have to start the day early find it difficult to wake up properly. For some of them, the solution is to drink two cups of coffee. Taken in reasonable amounts, the stimulating caffeine can _______.
a) only be found in tea, coffee and cola
b) produce certain unpleasant side effects
c) help some people to work more efficiently
d) give the feeling of being wide awake
93. It is undeniable that TV has very adverse effects on child psychology. Nevertheless, _______.
a) many parents are very selective when choosing the right programs to watch
b) they can learn a great deal from TV in spite of the harm it causes to their eyes
c) parents seem to be quite reluctant to choose the right programs for their children
d) many people just can’t give up watching violent movies on TV
94. Plastic furniture is light-weight and comfortable. Furthermore, _______.
a) it is less expensive than wood furniture
b) it is rarely used for interior decoration
c) detergents change its colour
d) it breaks under excessive weight
95. When a man competes, it seems winning becomes his primary objective. _______
a) Therefore, competition is the motivating feature of the modern capitalistic system.
b) In fact, in the effort to avoid losing, he may ignore the moral aspects of competition.
c) Similarly, the competitive structure of American society is responsible for the pressure felt by the
d) Indeed, on certain occasions, a man would favour his family, leisure-time activities and arts to competition.
a) studies on memory show that it has a distinct function
b) there is interaction between the two
c) they are stimulated by external factors
d) the brain coordinates all parts of the human body